For many years of my life I tended to blame others for who I was, where I was at in my life, and what I could and could not become. All of these things were not up to me, it was in fact for other people to decide based on their issues and their problem…..Not mine!
In a strange way, someplace within me I knew that this was a smokescreen meant to keep me safe and secure in old behaviors and ways of being that I believed were comfortable for me! I couldn’t have been more wrong for me in that moment!
One day I had the realization that time was going by and I had not shifted, readjusted my needs, wants, feelings and beliefs to fit with where I was on that day!
What a realization, I was 20 years behind myself!
It was time to change but how on earth was I to do that?
I worked and worked at attempting to come up with a plan and finally I got it! Just be me, but I certainly had no idea of what that meant and who I was! That is the day I began to live in the moment and be really focused in that moment as it arose!
I learned that:
- Being in the moment is being me
- No one really knows themselves unless they do live in the moment
- My thoughts change momentarily
- My behaviors change momentarily
- My feelings change in an instant
- No two situations are identical, nor have they ever been identical
- My beliefs change with me as I learn and grow
- I am totally responsible for me
- I am response able for my actions, I decide
- My thoughts create my reality
- I choose it all in my life
- THEREFORE, I create it all ….my thoughts, behaviors, feelings and beliefs!
Knowing these things today has freed me from having to put up smokescreens with my behaviors and actions to keep me safe…..I have learned to be safe, just as I am, in this moment, right here, right now and I do have the choice in this moment to be me, real, alive and move from moment to moment with or without any preconceived beliefs and outcomes.
Peace, love, light and blessings