In my lifetime I have sure run into my fair share of problems. Is it any surprise that one of my chosen professions is coaching an applied problem solving course called Life Skills and training coaches to deliver this program to people who are wanting to create change in their own personal lives.
When I first began facilitating these programs, the problems that I ran into were immense and seemed to have no answers for me or for the others who were going through the stages of problem solving. It was unbelievable how easy it was to get stuck in the problem that was at hand and end up wallowing in the problem with no ability to move beyond the wallowing to get into the solving of the problem. I remember the day when I recognized that this course provided me with everything that I needed to know to determine what the gift was for me in the middle of every problem that I encounter in my life, including the problem that I had in not understanding what problem solving was to begin with!
I learned from not knowing how to work through problems that using a system of problem solving can really help me to move through the process to come up with the learning for me!
There are six steps to the Problem Solving Process and they are:
- Recognize the problem and describe the problem!
- Define the problem, ask questions and determine what is the crisis and what is the challenge!
- Generate ideas that will help to solve the problem, brainstorm solutions and don’t judge the solutions, just write them down or store them in your memory until you:
- Make a decision and prioritize the steps to the solutions!
- Implement the decision, anticipate any pitfalls or problems you may encounter in solving the problem, and design an action plan for dealing with the problems that may arise…….
- Final step is the Evaluation…..Determine what happened, was it a success or failure and if it was a failure take what you have learned and start the process over again!
During the evaluation of the whole problem solving situation is where the Silver Lining appears and allows me to have the love and understanding for myself and others involved in the problem solving to move through our lives with ease rather than dis….ease!
Problem solving definitely provides me with the gift of learning, growing and changing in the moment!
How about you? Are you learning, growing and changing by working through your problems?
Peace, love, light, blessings and change for us all!